Friday, May 16, 2014

Our Little Baby

Since being a semi-student (only having internship for 20 hours a week and no classes) I have been quite bored trying to entertain myself with stay-at-home wifey sorts of things (laundry, dishes, cooking,  etc.) It's a little bit of a weird adjustment to be at home all day while watching all these other students with their backpacks on heading to class. Sometimes I have nightmares that I forgot a class and wont be able to graduate on time. I've quadruple checked with the graduation offices to make sure that doesn't happen. So Derek and I figured since I have a bunch more time on my hands, we could handle one more addition in our lives. I am happy to announce that we have officially satisfied my want for a puppy (since forever). We welcomed little Phoebe the Cavachon into our home last Friday!


Derek and I got up at 4:30 in the morning to drive to Salt Lake City Airport to pick up our little fuzzball. Needless to say, I slept most of the drive there so it only felt like a 20 minute drive. Then we finally reached the cargo area where we could pick her up, and a very nice man at the front desk handed us our little bundle [crate] of joy! We took her back to our car and as soon as we opened the crate, she jumped right in our arms to say hello.

We also got Chipotle afterwards, which made it the best day ever.


The whole car ride home she was so good and slept most of the way.



She won over daddy pretty quick.




 And mommy too.


Sometimes she helps mommy study.


She wasn't sleeping very well, so after a few nights I put one of my shirts in her pen for her to have my smell with her. It totally worked.



She has some favorite toys.


And sometimes sleeps like this.


And when she goes to the bathroom on the carpet and I want to get mad at her, she gives me this face.


We love our little munchkin!


No comments:

Post a Comment